Jerry Coker, Jazz Author and Educator
Stan Samole is a jazz pedagogy innovator who developed course material integral to college level jazz performance and education programs. Highlights include:
- Earned a Bachelor of Music degree in Studio Jazz Performance in 1972 and a Master of Music degree in Jazz Performance in 1974 at the University of Miami.
- Attended post graduate studies in Education 1976/7 at the University of North Carolina
- Established the jazz guitar program 1971 and served as instructor in Jazz Studies at the University of Miami in 1974. By 1976 there were 125 students in the jazz guitar program.
- Developed course content relevant today in undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Jazz Composition, Modern Theory, Improvisation, Aural Development, Analysis of Styles and Jazz Pedagogy
- Clinician and performer at Universities including North Carolina (Chapel Hill, Greensboro and Asheville), Yale, Tennessee, Appalachian State, Tennessee, Rhode Island and The Berklee School of Music
- Former students include Grammy Award winners and recognized artists Pat Metheny, Bruce Hornsby, Hiram Bullock, Mark Egan, Danny Gottlieb, Steve Morse, Randy Bernsen, Cliff Carter, Lindsay Blair, Will Lee and Patty Scialfa